 Robotics / 8371
RE: Window CE Support for the Mindstorm Unit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:06:58 GMT

COM components are processor specific, so no, spirit.ocx won't work.
I have the Jornada 680 - the H/PC version - and it's a fantastic machine with
an excellent screen, but there are limitations. One of the most frustrating
things is that the IR device is limited to IRda, so it can't be used to talk
to the RCX (or the TV, stereo, etc. it's been tried). You could, in theory at
least, buy or build a consumer IR device for the CE and write to that, but
it's not trivial.

If you had that you'd be there - run pbFORTH and talk via the CE terminal
program.(Thanks Ralph - this is rapidly becoming my favourite RCX development
environment, and I got the added benefit of learning FORTH.)

Ha, got another one! Do you want to be on the update list?

I may give this some thought, but vita brevis, and all that.

While you are drinking some crazy new "vita brevis" beer, the rest of us
are short of time ;-)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>