 Robotics / 8232
8231  |  8233
Subject:
Maze Solving with a Robot!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:27:59 GMT

I have noticed a lot of traffic recently about maze solving.  I find this
encouraging as I am developing a software program called MazeBots.
This is a software simulation where you can program up a robot to go through
a maze and then watch it attempt on the screen.  You can create new mazes,
new robot "skins", as well.  The programming interface is easy to pickup and
has been designed for ease of teaching and implementing algorithms.

This program will enter Beta testing next week, and I wanted to offer to let
some of this great group help test it out!  I am looking for some people of
all ages and abilities.  If you are interested, please fill out the beta
tester application at http://www.innovatus.com/MazeBots.html
(Windows 9x and NT only (for now))

All people selected as a Beta Tester will receive a free copy of the
software as well as the chance to influence software development!
I will take applications until the 19th of November, and Beta Testing will
begin on the 21st.

Thanks,

Alan G. Smith

P.S.  If you haven't seen it before, you might enjoy PICBots.  This is a
robotic Simulation where you battle other robots to the death!  (It is
freeware.)  For more information, go to
http://www.innovatus.com/products.html   (For you older in the crowd, this
is similar to CRobots only it uses Direct X and you program up a PIC
microcontroller for the brains!!)