 Robotics / 8211
Re: Functional languages and/or RCX wrapper code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:38:28 GMT

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Connors writes:
Well, I've been taking a look at
Kekoa's send.c, and as long as Kekoa's cool with it
I'm trying to slice and dice it into an API called
Seance (basically factoring out his comm functions
from the rest of the program), this with an eye
towards possibly reimplementing spirit.ocx as a
platform-independent C library called Spectre.

That is an interesting idea! let me know some more details, please!

/Vlad

I am interested also.  I started s similar project with the intent of allowing
my HP LX200 (A DOS palmtop) to communicate to the RCX directly, with the hopes
of mounting the LX200 alongside the RCX.  WIth 2MB of RAM it has the resources
to do things the RCX can't handle.

I'm willing to collaborate efforts if you are interested.  My time has been
limited and this project got shelved, but outside interests could up the
priority.

-Wes