 Robotics / 8100
Re: tracking robot position
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:46:50 GMT

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote in message ...
Hi all!

I had an idea last night, and I think something good might come out of it, • with
so many smart people around! *s*

I need a way to track the position of my robot, and I realized that • attaching
the PC mouse to it might do the trick!

Without hardware intervention, the only way is to have a cord going to the • PC
thus limiting the range and the elegance(!?) of the solution - maybe it is

Use a cordless mouse. They use radio and have a range of several metres.

possible to just use the mouse sensors and wheels as "home-made" rotation
sensors and plug them directly to the RCX?

It's time Lego came up with a GPS sensor for the RCX ;-)

A disadvantage would be that 2 input ports will be used, but if an • extension
plate is used on the 3rd to enable 4 extra touch sensors, it might not be • such
a big problem after all...

/Vlad