 Robotics / 8090
Re: tracking robot position
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:11:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Carl Schaefer writes:
This is an interesting idea, but I think you will have a problem common to
most dead-reckoning navigation solutions

Of course! But for some applicvations, that isn't a big problem - and if it
works it is cheaper and simpler than other methods at the same precision (I
think)

As a matter of fact, I am working on a way to use a pattern printed on the
floor and read with the light sensor for determining position and eventually
direction... Theoretically, I have the solution, but in practice it is much
limited by the small dynamic range of the light sensor and by the sampling rate
... If anyone is interested, I can post my ideas.

/Vlad