 Robotics / 8000
  Re: Better sets for adults

I've noted some recent comments about "adult" requirements for lego sets. On the assumtion that most adult lego builders are an imaginative lot, why do you need "sets"? My only complaint is that there are many pieces in some of the technic sets (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Better sets for adults

(...) Well, there are about 2,000 elements that people can't agree on a name for. And there are about 3,000 sets, each with a different mix of elements and average about 120 pieces each. I am working on a program that will allow people to work (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Better sets for adults

(...) ... (...) I think a major problem is that it is a lot more expensive to sell pieces as single parts. If the number of products LEGO has available increases so will the prices. Still LEGO has the service sets available, but I think increasing (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Better sets for adults

Jacob Schultz writes: > I think a major problem is that it is a lot more expensive to sell > pieces as single parts. I don't think anybody is asking for that. I would be willing to wager a large amount of money that the people who are asking for (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Better sets for adults

(...) One of the old regular-posters on rec.toys.lego found a factory that would produce similar-to-LEGO bricks (but not similar enough to infringe on patents) in massive quantities. We were planning on making a number of bulk purchases, but then I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)