 Robotics / 8016
Re: Better sets for adults
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:58:59 GMT

Pink Tail wrote:
On the assumtion that most adult lego builders are an imaginative lot, why
do you need "sets"? • ...
If anyhting, TLG should make the entire parts inventory available for
purchase, like meccano used to!

I think a major problem is that it is a lot more expensive to sell
pieces as single parts. If the number of products LEGO has available
increases so will the prices. Still LEGO has the service sets available,
but I think increasing the number of service sets - esspecialy to
include all available parts - is totally out of the question.

What we could do with is a comprehensive illustrated inventory of all the
lego sets on the lugnet.

That'll be a good idea. I would really like to know what is inside those
boxes before I buy them, and one can hardly tell from the packaging.
More inventory lists (illustrated!) would be nice.

Jacob
--
/* Our e-mail addresses have changed.  anne.jacob@get2net is only for
messages which are ment for both of us. Anne's mail should be sent to