 Robotics / 7929
  8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

The set 8450 Mission (Cybermaster expansion) is a model off a airplane. The expansion is only the software. An advanture game with an Bomb-layer vehicle and some software for the airplane. No new sensors or systematic program language. Kind of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) The CyberMaster was never intended to be programmed by the user like Mindstorms. It's *very* unfortunate to see LEGO invest so much effort and money in a radio-controlled LEGO computer with so much to offer and don't take *any* steps to make (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) If the CPU in the Cybermaster is the same as the RCX (minus the extra RAM) or the Scout, and the radio link is alive all the time (not like the narcoleptic tower), I'll bet that I could hack an "umbilical" Forth system, where the bulk of the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) And minus a downloadable firmware. (...) From the PC point of view, the tower behaves like the MindStorms tower. The CyberMaster can not send messages like the MindStorms, but the PC can query literally everything in the CyberMaster at any (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) Yes, but so is the ROM in the RCX. The trick was to figure out the upload sequence (via the serial link) and then Kekoa figured out the format of the packet. I'll have to look at the Cybermaster serial code in NQC, but if there is an ability (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) No, the OPCODES are interpreted by the firmware, not the ROM code. The only thing hat was decoded (AFAIK) was the MindStorms firmware. And it was only decoded because incidentally it was in a separate file in the MindStorms CD, perfectly (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) OK, i guess we need to get terminology straight. The ROM is the masked code in the RCX/Scout/Cybermaster. It was "looked at" because I'm pretty sure Kekoa wrote a little dump routine and loaded it into the RCX like replacement firmware - in (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) code (...) Hi Ralph and Laurentino, forgive my jumping in, just to test my knolwedge of Cybermaster through last months Laurentino's lessons :-) From what I understand about Cybermaster, there's simply no way to download anything to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Stefan Prescher skrev i meddelandet ... (...) Looking at the 8450 at www.lego.com I got the impression that there *was* a new programming system included, somewhat related to the RIS software. There's not much text, and just one little picture, so I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Ralph Hempel skrev i meddelandet <000001bf27a7$d21b76...pro150>... (...) I think this will be very difficult/impossible, as the CM does not download the firmware - it's there all the time, in ROM, so you never download *machine code* to it, only (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)