 Robotics / 7640
Re: Position Finding/Mapping Description
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:20:45 GMT

PROBLEMS
The robot tips some times, if the wheels are rotated into certian
positions.
I am trying to find 3 more wheel things, and put them on the other
side of the axle(the side with the bevel gear).
That should keep the robot from bringing all of its wheels under it
self(that is how it loses balance), by having a wheel rotate into the
position that the other wheel left.

The robot also will not drive perfectly straight. I cannot figure out
why, but I think it is because the turntables cannot be linked
together so that they are perfectly straight.

  I just dissasembled the 3 wheel configuration, and built a four wheel
one with another turntable I found. It is now  a four wheeler. Balance
is solved, with no counterweight, and I think that it will steer a lot
straighter too. The turntables CAN be linked so the wheels are straight,
as near as I can tell. I will make measurements about distance and
angles today.

Andy