 Robotics / 7478
Re: AI and even more exiciting stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:43:17 GMT

Ralph Hempel wrote:
I do hope that the students are getting some numerical methods banged into
their heads, otherwise how can they accurately asses the errors in their
AI algorithms?

Just my 2cents, any other views out there on engineering education?

Here in Karlsruhe, engineering education is 95% math in the first year,
and at least 60% in the second. Never mind your major - you're doing
maths. Linear algebra, real and complex analysis of multiple variables,
numerics, stochastics, whatever.

PS: Just for the heck of it, I'm doing a math minor now. It always
seemed quite
    annoying to me I'd never learn about differential geometry ;-)

--
"Nieder mit den Zitaten!" -Markus L. Noga <markus@noga.de>