 Robotics / 7431
Re: Help me plan for Mindfest.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:07:58 GMT

There may or may not be a free shuttle but my advice is learn the T.
Even if you're only in town for a weekend, it's a much better way to go.
Plus the trains are much tighter headings than the 1/2 hour heading a
shuttle is likely to be on.

A cab ride from Logan to Kendall Square is going to be somewhere in the
15-25 range (15 if you're very very lucky, 22 is probably closer to the
actual)

And you're not even actually going that far... Logan to the Sumner to
haymarket circle and across the mem ave bridge if I remember correctly.

My advice on the subway routing is to go blue to green to red instead of
blue to orange to red, it's the same distance really, but the green cars
are worth seeing in their own right, they do some street running in the
burbs and look a lot different than the other three lines (which are all
the same except for color scheme, like NY subway)

Green line is light rail, and it's a lot different in appearance. Plus,
ride in the center if you can, so you can see the pivot in action when
they go around a corner. But watch your fingers!

Ralph Hempel wrote:

Wait...

For those of us staying at the Marriot, ther should be
a free shuttle from the airport, right?