 Robotics / 7244
RE: Could somebody use this program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 18:03:22 GMT

At 01:24 PM 10/5/99 +0000, you wrote:
My advice (and it's free so it's worth every penny) is to focus
your considerable skills in polishing and speeding up MLCad. I doubt
if TLG would distribute it (you might ask nicely though) but you might
be able to get a book published about it....anyone else in the
group with writing or publishing experience might want to have
a look at this program too.

The other thing you might want to do is try to port it to Mac and Linux
desktops, in that order. This has BIG potential in the educational market.
I know some folks that have experience with porting issues to the Mac,
and I have LOTS of experience in writing software for different
embedded platforms. Get the software and book into schools, and you are
golden...

I think Ralph has good advice.

I personally wouldn't use a graphical block building programming
interface.  I hate the RCX Code software that comes with the RIS.  I've
been using NQC under Windows NT and have been very pleased with it.

A better graphical programming interface might be nice for an educational
setting for kids, but isn't that what RoboLab is for?

Joel Shafer    joel@connect.net