 Robotics / 7240
Re: Could somebody use this program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:31:36 GMT

Michael,

You can program the RCX and CyberMaster with quite many languages (such as
Visual J++, Visual C++, Visual Basic) using the spirit.ocx. Also the RCX
ControlCenter with NQC is pretty good. (The legOS would be the ultimate
thing, but it's more Linux oriented than acceptable. I have programmed years
with the gnu's c/c++ excellent environment in NT, but found that it's too
time consuming to port legOS to NT :-().

What would be your program's main benefits compared to the ones mentioned
above?

--
et

Michael Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message
Hy I'm the author of MLCad and I'm dreaming a bit now. My idea was to • write
a program which is able to program the CyberMaster and the RCX brick.
To construct the program I though I might use something like building • blocks
one for each possible operation, statement... (generally similar to Lego's
Invention System Software).
But it would be able to load the program to a CyberMaster brick as well • and
maybe the program is a little bit more handy than Lego's software.

I would not start with this program, if you think its waisted time ... or
please report ... if you saw a program like that somewhere else. Don't mix
it up with other firmware projects for the RCX since this doesn't work • with
the CyberMaster!!!!

Please post comments to this group or send them via e-mail

Regards,
   Mike

e-mail: m.lachmann@xpoint.at