 Robotics / 6772
Re: show-me training
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 18:18:34 GMT

Robert Munafo wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Pete Hardie) writes:
[...]
The real problem is that it is difficult to generalize the behaviors
does the robot move forward until Button A is pressed, or just for
5 seconds?  What does it do at the end of the recorded behavior?  Etc.

Yes, I agree completely.

This wasn't meant to be a replacement for real programming -- just a good idea
for a kid's toy. It would probably make a great replacement for the Scout's
current interface. I think it would be a lot better, in fact, because it would
open the Scout to a younger set of children and thereby expand the market. It
would also easily replace the Micro Scout's current interface.

Ah, yes.

And it would be a nice feature for behavioral 'subroutines', like collision
reaction (on BUMP, steer left and backup)

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |