 Robotics / 6561
RE: Touch Sensor as a Switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:40:03 GMT

I played around with sensors and wires, and came up with a way to use the
touch sensor as a switch. See my post at lugnet.cad.dat.ideas
<http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/ideas/?n=25>.

Can you describe that? Are you connectiong the Lego wires with only one stud
overlapping? I don't have software to display your LDRAW file.

The Cyber Master touch sensors come in three
colors, each has a different values in its resistor.)

Very, very interesting. I wonder why that is? Maybe Cybermaster has really
only one analog input internally, and maybe Cybermaster measure the
resistance to figure out which sensor is pressed. The Cybermaster set has no
other sensors, only the three touch sensors.

One of the Cybermaster models is a gladiator with a sensor on each shoulder
and one on his belly. After building the model you go through a step by step
sequence were you have to press each sensor once. I wonder if that is done
so that the computer can learn which sensor (white, yellow, or red) is in
each position? That would certainly fit with the rest of my assumptions.

Can anybody confirm any of that? I will play with my Cybermaster a little
tonight, and report back.

Tilman