 Robotics / 6578
Re: Touch Sensor as a Switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:17:56 GMT

Tilman Sporkert skrev i meddelandet ...

So why did they put three different resistors into the Cybermaster touch
sensors?
It's for the CM software - it's targeted for younger kids than the RIS. As the
sensors have different color (and open resistance), the software assumes you
build the models as described, and then just checks which input is used for
which sensor.

This test is done before downloading a program, so if you change the inputs
after that, the models will not work correctly. Now, just by downloading the
program again, the model works as designed!

It's also used in one of the models to detect which accessory you have put on
(one sensor in each accessory).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm