 Robotics / 6552
Re: Q:Best approach to line tracking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:44:54 GMT

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Scott Smallbeck wrote:

received a second light sensor and it seems to me I should be able to
produce a faster robot if it doesn't have to keep one sensor on the line but
can just keep the line in between the two sensors.

Depending on the width of the line, you might be better off if you can
keep both sensors on the line.  That way there is a distinction between
being on the line and being way off.  If you find yourself way off, you
can go searching back and forth.  If you design it to keep the line
between the sensors, your program won't notice that it is way off, and
will just keep charging ahead.

Cheers,

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/