 Robotics / 6442
Re: ideas for a RIS 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:31:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Nate Ridderman writes:
[...] More ports (4 in, 4 out)

It would be better to implement this via a multiplexor brick (which contains a
circuit like this one:

  http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/MUX.HTM

and a similar brick that performs a similar function for multiplexing outputs.

You could also build a connector plate for multiple touch sensors, containing
this (entirely passive) design:

  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=1897

[...]
More Sensitive Touch Sensor

I think you're trying to say "analog touch sensor" or "pressure sensor" or
something like that. A touch sensor that tells you how hard it's being pushed.
Of course, we can build something like now using a rotation sensor, a lever and
a rubber band.

- Robert Munafo                            http://www.mrob.com
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13