 Robotics / 6441
6440  |  6442
Subject:
R/C cameras
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:03:59 GMT

A short few years back a friend and I has a small business that took
airial pictures of houses and property for folks.   We used an R/C
helicopter, a 35 mm slr camera, and a b/w video camera with a transmitter.
The Video camera and transmitter ran on a single 9v battery.  We'd only
replace the battery about once a week and flew several hours a day most
every day.  The video camera and transmitter were purchased from Super
circuits.  One possible down side is that it required a Ham/Amature radio
operator liscence to use the transmitter.  I'd imagine there are other
options now, so it's worth checking out.  The output was only one watt,
but that wouldn't be a problem with the RCX.  the URL is:
          http://www.scx.com/

For thos who may like tthe resto fo the story, so to speak.   We used the
video camera to 'look' through to lense of the 35mm camera, and a secon
radio controll unit to focus and snap the picture :)  It worked pretty
well, but a decrease in intrest, and a fatal (for the helicopter) crash
ended our small business.

Jeff - probably turning lurk mode back on...