 Robotics / 637
Re: Direct control of IRDA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 03:30:03 GMT

Matthew Bates <train_depot@yahoo.com> wrote:
Well, I read all that and I'm still none the wiser, has anyone talked to an
RCX using a Windows PC's IrDA ?

Short answer -- the IR protocol used by the RCX is more akin to that used in
TV remotes than it is to the IrDA standard. If you could talk to your IR
port directly, you could probably do that. But mostly, the low-level
functionality is hidden and the IR port looks just like a magic serial port
to applications.