 Robotics / 6264
  Re: help me spend some money!

Yes, I've seen e-lab in the catalog, and thought of trying to get one set in with my other stuff, but the grant was specifically for robotics (because I wrote it before elab came out....) and I want enough for a whole class. My curriculum this year (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: help me spend some money!

Karen Gold writes: > So I'm not sure how to work any of this stuff into bio, but I have > to use it for something this school year, according to the grant, so maybe > we'll just have a Play With Lego week, right before Christmas when the kids are > (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: help me spend some money!

Delurking now. Karen, I would think that the RIS would be a fascinating introduction into the relatively new field of artificial life (A-life). Also, the RIS would make a very good introduction into insect behavior, particularly if Braitenburg (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: help me spend some money!

(...) I hope by irellevant you mean there will be a curriculum but you are unsure of the content!!! :-) Bio, did you say bio? Here are some LEGO related bio ideas... 1. Actuators - how does the natural world move things? Hydraulics (simulate with (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: help me spend some money!

(...) be (...) blind!) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) [snip] And THE work that can be used as background material for a BIO based robotics class is Valentino Braightenberg's "Vehicles". Its in print as a paperback for about $15 at Amazon.com. His writing (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: help me spend some money!

OK, You've convinced me. I'll spend the 25 bucks! K (...) will (...) Volume (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: help me spend some money!

(...) Probably just me, but the first time I glanced over that I saw, "4. Lovers, how can we...." Made me do a double-take there... Guess that's what I get for trying to give up the mighty coffee bean. -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)