 Robotics / 6188
Re: Gripper and lift arm with single motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 20:58:14 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, David Walton writes:
Anybody give me any pointers to designs on the web which actually work - I
know Ben Willamson had a design but that doesn't give enough movement of
the gripper jaws for my project

Lego has included several such designs in their sets. Unfortunately none of
the instruction scans are available on the Internet, mostly because these sets
are quite recent.

Among these sets, 8250 search sub is now on sale at $25 on Lego S@H. The
design is pneumatic, but can be modified to be directly driven by the motor
through a worm gear. (A personal confession: The claw is described at the very
beginning of the 8250 instructions. After I built the claw, I started to play
with it, modify it, etc. I ended up having never finished the whole model.)

Or you can take a look at the picture of the Recycler on the back of your
Mindstorms box (also at <http://nettvik.no/naeringsparken/lego/28.jpg> from a
different angle). It is basically the same design as 8250's.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang