 Robotics / 6240
Re: Gripper and lift arm with single motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:07:17 GMT

Many thanks for posting the info for 8250 being on sale at shop at home.  I
have had my Mindstorms for only a few weeks, and I am getting back into
playing with Legos after a very long time away.  I ordered my Search Sub
yesterday and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.  I am still getting used to
all of these new type of pieces, the last set that I bought before
Mindstorms was probably the "Expert Builder Go-Cart #948", you know, the
blue one with the number 9 sticker on the front.  I looked it up on the set
database on Lugnet, and it came out in 1977!!!  Yikes.  Anyway, I would like
to thank everyone posting to these newsgroups for being so free with all of
their information, as I have learned a tremendous amount in a very short
time.  Hopefully, I will be able to contribute something useful myself in a
few weeks...

-Andy Lynch

Hao-yang Wang wrote in message ...
<snip>
Among these sets, 8250 search sub is now on sale at $25 on Lego S@H. The
design is pneumatic, but can be modified to be directly driven by the motor
through a worm gear. (A personal confession: The claw is described at the • very
beginning of the 8250 instructions. After I built the claw, I started to • play
with it, modify it, etc. I ended up having never finished the whole model.)
<snip>