 Robotics / 6172
  Gripper and lift arm with single motor

I hope someone can help me with this I tried most of the weekend to try and build a mechanism to grab an item (49.6x28 VR wheel) and lift it using one new type motor (the ones in the RIS). All my attempts seem to either self destruct or just didn't (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gripper and lift arm with single motor

Hello, Ok, I haven't actually done this but I have given it some thought. First, imagine that you just want to lift the arm. A classic way would be to put a gear into the pivot point that was fixed to the arm. Another gear in the platform could turn (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gripper and lift arm with single motor

Hi David, Are you sure Ben's grabber won't work for you? Using a smaller and lighter grabber based on his original design, I can pick up one of those wheels. What exactly doesn't work? Here's my design (Minerva): (...) -- Did you check the web site (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gripper and lift arm with single motor

(...) Lego has included several such designs in their sets. Unfortunately none of the instruction scans are available on the Internet, mostly because these sets are quite recent. Among these sets, 8250 search sub is now on sale at $25 on Lego S@H. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gripper and lift arm with single motor

(...) I have built a one-motor, grasp-then-lift arm as part of my (incomplete) solution to Joel Shafer's soda can challenge. I will try to post some pictures of it soon. The idea is based on the "directional transmission" idea that I first saw at (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gripper and lift arm with single motor

Many thanks for posting the info for 8250 being on sale at shop at home. I have had my Mindstorms for only a few weeks, and I am getting back into playing with Legos after a very long time away. I ordered my Search Sub yesterday and am anxiously (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gripper and lift arm with single motor

Hey, this was done in the old Control Center, (with yellow pieces), where a robot picked up bricks and put them in a container. It used only one motor (old) and looked very cool! --Tobias (...) (25 years ago, 6-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)