 Robotics / 5818
RE: Interactive human-controlled bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:55:58 GMT

The three buttons on the remote control simply send messages 1, 2, and 3.
These are the only buttons that send IR codes that can be processed by your
RCX program. All the other buttons send codes that get processed directly by
the firmware, and will not get passed to your program. As long as you are
using the standard Lego firmware, of course.

Tilman

In lugnet.robotics, Robert Munafo writes:
I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that you can make your • RCX program
respond to three of the buttons on the RCX remote control. You
can also (if
[snip]

  Or, you could get the RCX remote control available at S@H and see what
kind of stuff that will transmit to your RCX - its got a lot more buttons
on it!