 Robotics / 5532
Re: What is RPM of Gear Motor???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:20:51 GMT

oops.  forgot to divide by 2.  make that between 600 and 720 RPM.

I called pitsco lego dacta and they report 350 RPM... i wonder if i'm
doing something else wrong in my analysis... but i can't find it!  anyone
else?

Ben Erwin wrote:

I just made an optical shaft encoder with the light sensor and a
spinning paper disc, and measured somewhere near 1300 RPM using
datalogging on the RCX.  Does anyone know if this is close to the
technical specs of the gear motor that I was using to drive it?

thanks

please send reply (no cc -- send two different messages if you want to
post answer to newsgroup as well) to address below:

-Ben Erwin
berwin@tufts.edu