 Robotics / 5478
Re: Mindstorms RIS RCX problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:24:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Robert G. Fay writes:
Just an add-on to this. You can use a "wait" of a value that equals the
total tone duration for several tones

   Thanks.  I'll try it.  I was expecting that the duration value in the
TONE command would have a built in WAIT for that amount of time, but
buffering the audio allows other operations to continue.  Am I right in
infering that the buffer is only for TONE (and maybe BEEP) or do other
commands go into the buffer as well?

   For example, given a programming sequence such as:
     TONE 500 (1 sec)
     TONE 600 (1 sec)
     ON A
     WAIT (1 sec)
     OFF A
   does motor A turn on almost immediately and turn off about the same
time as the audio switches from TONE 500 to TONE 600?  I can experiment to
find out.

You will find that using "wait" after each tone will limit the number of
icons allowed in your program.

   Is there any information on what the number of icons allowed is or
the relative "size" of each icon relative to the maximum allowed total
size (32k?) and buffer size?

Brian