 Robotics / 5463
5462  |  5464
Subject:
Mindstorms RIS RCX problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:51:36 GMT

   I'm programming the RCX using the Mindstorms RIS software and running into
a problem I can't figure out.  My program has about 15-20 TONE commands to try
and play a song.  It downloads to the RCX without error, but when I run it it
only plays about the first 8-9 TONEs.  If it was memory problem on the RCX end
I would expect the download to give an error.  Any ideas on what the problem
is?  Also, any rough numbers on how large a program can be downloaded?

   I know there are other programming platforms (such as NCQ) available, but
I'm doing this with my 7 year old son and want to stick with the provided
environment.

Brian