 Robotics / 5476
Re: IR Transmitter - where's the "off" switch?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:15:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Laurentino Martins) writes:
I don't have a RIS, but I always heard that one of the worst things of the IR • tower is that automatically powers itself off after 2 or 3 seconds of use.
And because of that, you cannot send messages from the MindStorms to the
tower because it only "listens" to messages when it's powered on.

   I've read the messages about the IR Tower powering off and people
trying to keep them ON, but I don't understand why you would want the IR
Tower on all the time.  It's main function is to download programs to
the RCX brick, with additional use when using the Test panel.  Why does
it need to be on any other time?  Is there another use I don't know
about yet that involves realtime communication with a program running in
the RCX?

Brian