 Robotics / 4776
Re: LEGO light sensor schematic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 16:43:35 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com writes:

Just to clean up the schematic a bit you could flip R1 (75R) to the right
side of the Q4. I would also bring R8 (12R) in line with the LED.
This would then be a more standard drawing of a current source.

OK, I fixed that and in the process discovered they should be PNPs.
3Hp83 is a BC857 GP PNP from Philips.  Looks better now.

Is the detector a photo diode or a photo transistor?

I think photo diode used in photovoltaic mode.  It looks like it pushes the
voltage down from that established by the LED.

http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/light.htm