 Robotics / 4536
4535  |  4537
Subject:
Lego Bots in Germany???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:47:32 GMT

Hello List!

It seems that Lego refuses to sell the Mindstorms Roboticcs Invention Kit to
non-English-speaking countries, allegedly because they don't want to annoy
us with an English manual?!

The only robotics set available in Germany is this Lego Technic
Cybersomething amulinium box for kids.

Furthermore, it seems that even none of the various online resellers make
business with foreign customers.

This leads me to three questions:

1. Is it worthwile to buy this Cyberthing when there is not a single add-on
product of the Mindstorms series available?

2. Will Lego change their policy soon?

3. Are there resellers that *do* sell to Krauts?

TIA,

Heiko

SIEMENS AG             ICN CA MS EG2
Siemensdamm 62 (Bln-S) Tel.: +49 30 386 24112
D-13623 Berlin         Fax:  +49 30 386 25528
e-mail: Heiko.Selber@icn.siemens.de