 Robotics / 4222
Re: Get 8 Outputs from RCX: A Pure-Lego Solution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 05:13:06 GMT

Hao-yang Wang <hywang@pobox.com> wrote:
Dave Baum writes:
I'm not sure if the 4-way would work, but it it did you could put a 4 way
on each of the outputs of the first 4-way, yielding a 16 way splitter.  Of
course this would require 10 polarity switches.

This is a great idea, and it pushes the number of outputs up to 32: We
connect two 16-way splitter to RCX, and use one direction of the
controlling motor for both the "first-level" splitters and the other
direction for all the eight second-level splitters.

Now wait just one minite.  If you connect up the outputs of a few of the
32-way spliiter to the inputs of other 32-way spliiters, you can drive many
more outputs.  How many outputs are we at now?

-Kekoa