 Robotics / 4226
Re: Get 8 Outputs from RCX: A Pure-Lego Solution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:13:37 GMT

Now wait just one minite.  If you connect up the outputs of a few of the
32-way spliiter to the inputs of other 32-way spliiters, you can drive many
more outputs.  How many outputs are we at now?

But then we run out of outputs for the controlling motors.

On the other hand, we may layer four stages of the 4-way splitter into a 256-
way, then use both directions of the other two outputs to control these four
stages... I think this is more of the theoretical musings than practical
designs.

I wonder why the polarity switch is such a little-used element. Aside from the
Space Shuttle, which Lego sets also use the polarity switch?

Hao-yang Wang