 Robotics / 4190
  Re: Ultimate Starter Sets / Add-Ons for Mindstorm? Reprise

Update - First off - Thanks to everyone that posted and mailed. I got precisely the sort of insightful feedback I was looking for! Although I plan on getting the Space Shuttle if possible I _had_ to have some stuff right now!! So I chose the DACTA (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultimate Starter Sets / Add-Ons for Mindstorm? Reprise

That's a good list. I too entered the LEGO world with Mindstorms and have been having lots of fun since Christmas. I've currently have some pretty heavy desires on getting an 8880 Super Car but I can hardly afford the $200 it takes to do it. My wife (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultimate Starter Sets / Add-Ons for Mindstorm? Reprise

(...) Stephan - It does come with two shock absorbers, a couple cool pivot parts (sorry - I don't know the real name for them) for the rack and pinion steering ,and a long worm gear plate. Some more black & gray beams and plates are cool to have, (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Stephan B. Wessels wrote in message <36E67EA7.23613DCA@sdrc.com>... (...) Counting the days...I feel like a lego junkie - I had to get someone from work to get their child's s@h catalogue so I could puruse... (...) because (...) What is the (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultimate Starter Sets / Add-Ons for Mindstorm? Reprise

(...) I might not have the names correct but yes that's what I meant. The idler gear has no center teeth and the clutch will let go after a certain torque limit gets hit. (...) I started to see chains as a solution to "action at a distance" kinds of (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)