 Robotics / 411
Re: Solar-powered RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:14:28 GMT

I use a  big transformer only type wall wart I had laying around.  Pure AC
output.  The wall wart says it is 9VAC @ 3.2A but no load is about 10.5VAC.  I'm
sure this is more power than I need but it was free.  If I look at the normally
(battery)  8.2vDC voltage that appears for a Light type sensor when I plug the
wall wart in it jumps to 8.6v.  Now 10.5VAC would make something close to the peak
AC voltage = 14.8VDC-the diode drops or about 13V.  Something is regulating for
the 5V and to a lesser extent the 8V from this.  I'll look at the motor voltage
tonight.