 Robotics / 494
Re: Solar-powered RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:29:45 GMT

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote
Many embedded systems use a bridge to be polarity and AC/DC insensitive on
the power inputs. At the very least, you should put a series diode to protect
against reverse voltage.

Someone should tell Sony this - a friend fried my discman by reversing
polarity. I had (foolishly) assumed that they would have dne this on the
9V external PS feed. Doh.

Moz