 Robotics / 3903
  Polarity Switch

I was wondering if the Polarity Switch (Or some other lego piece) would provide a mechanical way to switch the direction of a lego motor connected to the RCX. For some projects, I am just using the RCX as a power supply to the motor. I hate having (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Polarity Switch

Dave Forrest writes: > I was wondering if the Polarity Switch (Or some other lego piece) would provide > a mechanical way to switch the direction of a lego motor connected to the RCX. Yes, I'm sure that would work. The only thing is, though, that (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Polarity Switch

(...) Yes. (...) Yes. Don't be hesitant to experiment with LEGO electrical stuff ... it is "child proof" and therefore is almost indestructable. - - - Nick - - - -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Polarity Switch

(...) provide (...) RCX. (...) between (...) unproductive. (...) Maybe, but on one model the short wire is about 1 inch too short. the plate would easily make the connection and save me from having to use the really long wire. (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Polarity Switch

(...) They'll work. It's all just two-thread wire, with a particular upper and lower stud interface :) Jasper "get back to me tomorrow when it's not 1 am" Janssen (26 years ago, 20-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Polarity Switch

Hey all: Could you not use a switch like those on a stopwatch? You get to depress the switch(bump into something, like a wall or a cat or your spouse or sibling) and then the thing holds the motion in the other direction. my little brother had one (...) (26 years ago, 20-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)