 Robotics / 3906
Re: Polarity Switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:30:45 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson) writes:
Dave Forrest writes:
I was wondering if the Polarity Switch (Or some other lego piece) would • provide
a mechanical way to switch the direction of a lego motor connected to the • RCX.

Yes, I'm sure that would work.  The only thing is, though, that there
might be a dead spot in the middle, so if you're depending on the
motor to cause its own reversal, you might need to incorporation some
mechanical hysteresis.

ALSO,,,, can you use the (5037) Electric Plates to provide a connection • between
a motor and the RCX input port?

AFAIK they will work to replace wires, but that application seems • unproductive.

Maybe, but on one model the short wire is about 1 inch too short. the plate
would easily make the connection and save me from having to use the really long
wire.

--
-russ nelson <rn-sig@crynwr.com>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok |   There is good evidence