 Robotics / 3902
Re: Book with CD: conclusions
Newsgroups:
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:05:04 GMT

dept. won't make it much of a choice.  They'll pick one and go with it
:-)

- Shawn

----- Original Message -----
From: Jonathan Knudsen <jonathan@oreilly.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 1999 7:05 AM
Subject: Book with CD: conclusions

Thanks to everyone who responded. I got basically
three responses:

1. CDs are unnecessary fluff. They make the book stiff
   and don't add value.

2. CDs are absolutely necessary. Some people don't have
   easy Internet access, and out-of-date software is
   better than no software at all.

3. Make a Web page to hold all the URLs.

I like #3; I will try to have a Web page that supports the
book when it is released.

Given the #1 and #2 answers, I think the correct
course is to offer the book with or without the CD.
That's what I'll try to do--we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Jonathan