 Robotics / 3779
Re: Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 07:06:31 GMT

Jim Clark wrote:

I am gathering parts to make sensors and was wondering if anyone
has a good source for small microswitches (for touch sensors) and
also LED lights 9 to 12 volt.

I ordered a "sensor & motor" pack from Gleason Research, and it
came with 4 touch switches. Two of these were simply keys from
a computer keyboard. Looks like they will work just fine. So old
computers may be a source for a large number of touch switches.

It seems that Gleason doesn't list these extra touch switches in
their product info (http://www.gleasonresearch.com/smkit.html)
so I guess they just threw them in as extras. For $35 I am quite
pleased with the kit. Now I am waiting for my polaroid 6500 sonar
ranging module (http://www.wirz.com/sonar/index.html). should be
here any day now. I know, it's not pure Lego, save your flames
because some people do want to discuss the non-pure stuff.

  -- Doug