 Robotics / 3311
Re: Variations on the "ADDER SUBTRACTOR" ("differtrans" ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:35:53 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson) writes:
Did I ever say how much I find Geocities web pages annoying?  I hate
that window that pops up, or the Geocities ad that's necessary to keep
it away.

Geocities uses javascript to pop up those pesky windows.  If
you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer take advantage of
the Internet Security settings.  Add www.geocities.com to
the restricted sites.  You can use then use the custom security
options to disable javascript for restricted sites.  You
will never see the floating logo or pop-up windows again.

-rick