 Robotics / 3310
Re : Where tp buy Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:48:18 GMT

Hi All

I have just returned from a holiday in the US - I live in Australia...

Top of our shopping list was MS !

We have a lot of luck / success ......We found a set at the Learning Smith
shop South Coast Plaza , LA.....

Now the box had been opened and after enquiring from the young sales girl
about it we found out that it had been returned - apparently as a
punishment for a naughty boy .... harsh parents ! - anyway we had a look
inside and it all appeared to be there except the CD Rom - so after a bit
of haggling we got it for 70% discount - $60.00 US and an extreme creatures
kit for 30% discount - must have been the colonial charm !

Next we went to Toys R Us on Harbour Blvd , Anahiem and found a complete
kit for $179 US - so we now had two MS kits for $240 US - also found the
motor kits in Target Store next to Toys R Us on the discount shelf for
$16.00 US each - normally $37.00 US - nothing wrong with them just old
stock we were told - so we bought 4 of them......

I know this sounds like bragging but I guess with a bit of luck and
persistence you can get some real Lego bargains .... but we had to look in
about 20 shops , malls and plaza 's to find it ... nearly divorce court
material.

Regards Brian