 Robotics / 2793
2792  |  2794
Subject:
Unidirectional drive (was Re: Synchro drive in Lego)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:05:40 GMT

"S. Crawshaw" wrote:

      My original thinking was to try and figure out a way to
get the whole assembly to want to drive rather than turn without
any linking to the plate. (Unfortunately, even with enough

could you not (I haven't tried this!) use a ratchet on the assembly so
that axle rotation one way turns the assembly, and the other way drives
the wheel?

Yup, that'd work.  But it would have the annoying side-effect of making a
heck of a lot of noise as the ratchet went from tooth to tooth.  Is there
any way to minimize that?

Mark