 Robotics / 2723
Re: Synchro drive in Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:51:24 GMT

I like the synchro also, but I need a good explanation of what synchro means in
this context. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and missed the synchro
class I guess!

Clay wrote:

Hello all Synchro enthusiasts,

I am very impressed. I am very interested the progress on this thing. I only
had enough parts to build one section(waiting on more parts). I would like
to contribute some thoughts in making this project better. I'm going to mess
with this one section until I get more pieces to build the entire thing.

I would also like to incorporate the RCX into this thing and just go wild.
Is there any more information than what you have gotten privately any sites
that could be contributed to this project.

Man, I'm going crazy with this. I'm so damn excited. I use to "play" with
LEGO's in the late 70's and early 80's, then kinda "grew up". Now I'm an
Internet Programmer and Web Master at the company I work for. And when the
MindStorms package came out.....well I guess that you can figure out what
happened out next. Went straight to my parents house and dug up all of my
old stuff and started buying sets left and right(now I can make the money
myself to get all I want, if you know what I mean).

My first thought was to make some sort of all terrain vehicle and control it
with my RCX, well I kinda have to get back into the groove of things, if you
know what I mean. I was about to give that up and start on some things like
arms and walkers and stuff like that. But when I came across your message in
the newsgroup and looked at the information on this thing, I nearly c...
well we won't go there.

I love the concept and want to expand it(don't know how yet, but I will).

I would like to work with anyone closely on this to make it better. If
anyone is interested, please e-mail me and maybe we can put our heads
together on this. If you have ICQ, e-mail me and we can communicate that
way.

I tried to contact that guy(who's web site is listed) and had the wrong
e-mail address on his site.

As I said before, I am very interested in studying this and expanding on it.
if there is anyone out there who wants to contribute, please, get with me.

Thank You,

Clay Aucoin
Director of Information Technologies, Web Services
Cruise & Vacation Shoppes America
caucoin@cruiseshoppes.com
(504) 833-0340 voice
(800) 375-0199 voice