 Robotics / 27794
    RCX not listening to IR remote —Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
    I just dug all my old Mindstorms RCX gear out of the closet because my 4-year old son is now ready to play with gears and motors and stuff. Programming is a bit off yet, but he loves the technics parts. I was trying to get the RCX to work with the (...) (15 years ago, 25-Oct-09, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX not listening to IR remote —Steve Hassenplug
      Chris, I don't think the RCX will "listen" to the remote, unless you've loaded the firmware. The firmware will need replaced, if the batteries have been removed (or have died). On the RCX, it will show the program number (1-5), and it will also (...) (15 years ago, 26-Oct-09, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: RCX not listening to IR remote —J Bickhard
      Firstly, do you have the firmware on the RCX in question? If the screen shows 00.00.00 then you should be good (i think). Turn on the RCX, and start pressing buttons. Connected motors and lights should start doing "things" repsonding to the (...) (15 years ago, 26-Oct-09, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX not listening to IR remote —Jetro de Chateau
   (...) I'm not at all that certain the RCX can actually listen to the remote. If I recall correctly, Bob Kojima got the RCX to work as a remote control for the PF IR-Receiver, but to do so he used BrickOS and it would only work with an RCX 1.0 I (...) (15 years ago, 26-Oct-09, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX not listening to IR remote —Matija Puzar
   (...) They are talking about the old IR remote (#9738), not the PF one. So, it should work like a charm. Cheers, Matija (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX not listening to IR remote —Jetro de Chateau
   (...) Oops, my bad. Jetro (15 years ago, 28-Oct-09, to lugnet.robotics)