 Robotics / 27795
Re: RCX not listening to IR remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:17:52 GMT

Chris,

I don't think the RCX will "listen" to the remote, unless you've
loaded the firmware.  The firmware will need replaced, if the
batteries have been removed (or have died).

On the RCX, it will show the program number (1-5), and it will also
show three other digits, IF the firmware is loaded.  If only one digit
shows, the firmware is not loaded.

The firmware would be on the original software CD.  If you don't have
that, it may be on the NQC web site, or possibly the RobotC web site.

Hope that helps.
Steve

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson