 Robotics / 27797
Re: RCX not listening to IR remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:25:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson <xenon@alphapixel.com> wrote:
  I was trying to get the RCX to work with the IR remote (#9738) that I have.

  I'm pointing the IR remote at the IR window on the RCX. Can anyone think of anything I'm
missing to get the RCX to listen to the remote?

I'm not at all that certain the RCX can actually listen to the remote. If I
recall correctly, Bob Kojima got the RCX to work as a remote control for the PF
IR-Receiver, but to do so he used BrickOS and it would only work with an RCX 1.0
I don't recall hearing/reading of anyone who managed to make the RCX respond to
the IR Remote.

I can't find the info on their website now, but if seem to remember the first
IR-Link sensor mindsensors produced for the NXT could communicate with PF
elements, but not with the RCX.

Before you start worrying something may be wrong with your RCX, we should get
someone to confirm this can actually be done,

Jetro