 Robotics / 27482
  question on mindstorm capabilities for competition

Hi all, Every year on our campus we have a robotics competition called the Mobot race, where home built robots attempt to steer through a course by following a painted white line. This white line curves and breaks at some points depending on the (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: question on mindstorm capabilities for competition

George, I think the NXT would be an excellent way to get your son involved in robotics. And, it should do just fine in that competition. That's pretty much what it was designed for. Don't worry about a lack of experience with Mindstorms. I'm sure (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: question on mindstorm capabilities for competition

(...) Hi George, NXT will do this fine, however you might want to try two light sensors (1 more than in the Retail Kit) Otherwise you might not be able to tell going off line and a break in the line! The NXTG language would be fine for this task and (...) (16 years ago, 4-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: question on mindstorm capabilities for competition

Hi all, Just wanted to follow up on this! It turns out that Tim (the 10y/o) has a next door neighbor with a complete RCX mindstorm kit with tons of extras from being in a lego robotics club in the past. The neighbor was nice enough to give us all of (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: question on mindstorm capabilities for competition

(...) Lucky you. :) Sounds like you have everything you need. (...) With 2 light sensors, two possible (there are other) strategies are (1) Try to keep both sensors on the line. When one goes off, turn towards the one still on the line. If both go (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)