 Robotics / 26618
Re: monkey rail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 01:09:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, linmix <linmix@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

It occurs to me that if you use a pair of rotation sensors to manually
control the structure the sensors that are embedded into the structure
aren't really necessary ... or are they? What if you simply included a
couple of clutches to protect the motors. Wouldn't it work just as well?

cheers

linmix
Hi,
   Think of it like a robot arm.  You can't get the precise control without the
onboard sensors.  It operates almost like an extension of your fingers. Also you
wouldn't be able to program autonomous routines.  It also enables self centering
on power up.  Did you watch the videos yet?  Seeing it in action is more
impressive then the pics.
HTH
Chris