 Robotics / 26615
Re: monkey rail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 16:20:32 GMT

Thanks for the offer. I hadn't thought about the programming yet. STil
need to watch your videos to see how yours works. At the moment I'm
trying to learn NQC. I thought the whole setup might be controlled with
a single RCX (as appears to be the case in the additional link you
sent). Why did you use a second one?

I've counted 3 motors and 2 or 3 rotation sensors. I don't have any
rotation sensors, but I'm trying to figure out if I can use 'Electric
Computer Speed' (peeron #32467) by cutting the wire between the sensor
and the 'computer and fitting it with an electric brick 2x2x2 from an
electric cable.

I've seen there is an 'mrailprograms' folder in your brickshelf gallery,
but it is 'not yet public'. I'm in no hurry to see the program (building
the thing will take me quite some time), but I would love to have a look
at your program  if only to get some ideas for an NQC version.

linmix

Chris Daniel wrote:
Linmix,

      Thanks for the compliment!  Let me know if you need any help along the way
including deciphering the BrickOS code.  I used separate RCX's one for the base
one for the rail.  Unfortunately I never figured out LNP.  I'm happy with the
code,  it enables precision positioning and speed control.  I have no experience
with NXT but I bet the sensors in the motors have higher resolution,  might be
nice for a retrofit.
      Years ago before I had BrickOS or Ldraw code posted Bob Kojima built one
from pictures.  There are a few things I did differently but overall I was
amazed at his reverse engineering. You can find it at his Brickshelf page:
If I don't respond to your posts in a timely manner please e-mail me.

Cheers Chris